Naturopath, Nutritional Therapist & Herbalist
Dip. CNM, mBANT, NTCC, CNHC, ANP, AMH
Marina is a qualified Naturopath, Nutritional Therapist and Herbalist who trained at the College of Naturopathic Medicine in London for 5 years. Originally from Russia, she brings a wealth of knowledge about traditional and folk medicine of that country where natural medicine and home-made remedies are not viewed as alternative but rather integrated alongside the orthodox medical approach.
At Sutherland House, Marina offers consultations to provide Naturopathy, Nutritional Therapy and Herbal medicine as applicable for your condition.
A Proactive, Integrated Approach
As a Naturopath and Nutritional Therapist, Marina has a passion for educating others about making healthy lifestyle choices, encouraging them to enjoy their food while helping to prevent nutritional imbalances which may lead to escalating health problems. She believes in being proactive in preventing such problems before they turn into illnesses.
Marina is trained in three systems of Herbal Medicine. Her patients can benefit from evidence based Western Herbalism and ancient traditions of India and China, which offer unique energetic approaches to health. She can prescribe herbs and medicinal plants from three continents, and relishes a challenge of addressing chronic long-term conditions. As a Naturopath she focuses on the person as a whole, taking account of not just physical but also mental and emotional well-being.
Conditions that Marina can help you with
- Children’s ailments – parasites, frequent colds and infections, digestive issues, skin problems, poor appetite
- Women’s health – anaemia, irregular, absent or heavy periods, PMS, PCOS, endometriosis, fibroids, pelvic infections, thrush, cystitis
- Men’s health – benign prostate hyperplasia, low energy, stress, insomnia, high cholesterol, etc.
- Gastro-Intestinal health –bloating, indigestion, constipation, loose stools, gas, parasites, IBS, Candida/yeast overgrowth, SIBO, IBD (Crohn’s disease, ulcerative colitis)
- Mental health – stress reduction, depression, anxiety
- Skin health – eczema, acne, rashes
- Immune system – allergies, asthma, frequent colds & flu, auto-immune conditions
- Hormone health – thyroid issues, adrenal, stress, PMS, acne
- Muscular skeletal – osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, osteoporosis
- Cardiometabolic health – weight issues, type 2 diabetes, pre-diabetic states, metabolic syndrome, hypertension
- Kidney and liver problems
- Detox and individualised nutrition
What To Expect
- To have a thorough assessment of your life patterns and daily routine
- To receive individualised advice based on your medical and family history, current state of health and lifestyle
- To address any health issues you may have through dietary recommendations specific for you and to correct your nutritional status if it is out of balance
- To be guided on natural detoxification, ways to support digestion and absorption, and the avoidance of environmental pollutants or allergens
- To be advised in regard to the appropriate use of dietary supplements, vitamins and minerals as well as medicinal herbs
- To be referred for further tests either through your GP or privately
- To be recommended Bach Flower Essences to restore emotional well-being
- For your personal and medical information to be treated with confidentiality
To find out more about the treatments Marina offers at Sutherland Natural health Clinic, click here. Or to book an appointment with Marina you can call our friendly team on 020 8458 7869 or use our online booking form.
References: Marina Townsley www.healthrevisited.com